Announced Wednesday 21 October 2015
Prizes were announced at a press call: 12.30 pm Wednesday 21 October 2015, Great Hall, Parliament House, Canberra with the winners, and the Chief Scientist.
Dinner: from 7 pm 21 October, Great Hall Parliament House
The winners are available for interview until 6pm on Wednesday, then from 7am (AEDT) on Thursday morning.
The winners are:
- Graham Farquhar (ANU, Canberra)—Prime Minister’s Prize for Science
- Graeme Jameson (University of Newcastle)—Prime Minister’s Prize for Innovation
- Cyrille Boyer (UNSW)—Malcolm McIntosh Prize for Physical Scientist of the Year
- Jane Elith (University of Melbourne)—Frank Fenner Prize for Life Scientist of the Year
- Ken Silburn (Casula High School)—Prime Minister’s Prize for Excellence in Science Teaching in Secondary Schools
- Rebecca Johnson (Windaroo State School)—Prime Minister’s Prize for Excellence in Science Teaching in Primary Schools
For interviews and further information contact Niall Byrne, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0417-131-977.
Please use the official website link in reporting: http://science.gov.au/pmscienceprizes
Read on for more about the 2015 winners.