Australian Science Prizes Calendar
- This event has passed.
Nominations close: Famelab
February 19, 2018
(Dates are indicative based on previous years. Check website for further details)
FameLab helps early-career researchers acquire valuable skills to communicate their work accessibly and attractively to a non-scientific audience. The competition offers contestants training masterclasses, which focus on presentation and communication skills and aim to empower individual scientists and researchers in speaking about their work.
What’s more, if you’re chosen as the winner of FameLab Australia, you could also find yourself travelling to The Times Cheltenham Science Festival in the UK to represent Australia at the FameLab International grand final!
Prize value: trophy; $1,000; trip to the UK to present at Cheltenham Science Festival
The competition is open to citizens or permanent residents of Australia* who are pursuing studies or working in a scientific field. Entrants may be:
- Students who are currently undertaking MSc or PhD qualifications
- Postdoctoral fellows or early-career researchers who have received their MSc or PhD degrees within the last five years
* International (non-Australian citizen) scientists who are currently working or studying in Australia are welcome to apply, but they must be able to demonstrate a formal affiliation with an Australian institution.
Entrants will be asked to provide evidence of their research. Accepted sources of evidence include publications, conference titles, posters or evidence of internal review from a director, dean or head of an organisation.
We cannot accept applications from:
People who are already working professionally in public engagement with STEM, including:
- Current science communication students and professionals
- Employees of the British Council and their next of kin
- Those who have participated in a previous FameLab National Final event