Australia Day was a good day for science
Not only was stem cell researcher Alan Mackay-Sim awarded Australian of the Year last week, Andrew Holmes, the guru of plastics and light and science academy president, received an AC, and many others were on the honour roll. We’ve scoured the list for science mentions. If we’ve missed anyone let me know.
Put your science in front of those who matter most: Stories of Australian Science
Has your team got an exciting discovery, invention, or other news you’d like to celebrate?
We’re calling for stories to feature in the 2017 edition of Stories of Australian Science, our online collection and annual print publication bringing together discoveries, prize-winners and top achievers in Aussie science.
We distribute the stories all over the country and overseas. Prices start from $1,200 with discounts for multiple stories. More below.
Need help telling the story in your science to the media, government, funders, investors…?
We’re holding media and communication training courses for scientists around the country. These courses will help your team find the best way to communicate your work to different audiences, manage tricky questions about your research, and give you the chance to practise interviews with working journalists from TV, radio and print.
We’ll be in:
- Melbourne: Wednesday 8 February, Tuesday 2 May, Thursday 22 June
- Adelaide: Wednesday 22 February, Tuesday 6 June
- Sydney: Thursday 16 March, Thursday 25 May
- Perth: Wednesday 8 March, Wednesday 5 July
- Canberra: Wednesday 5 April
Also in this bulletin:
- How do you get your sustainability story into the news?
- Explore the halls of power at Science meets Parliament
- NHMRC Science to Art Award
- New York Stem Cell Investigator Awards
- CRC awards for Excellence in Innovation
- $4 million in grants for citizen science programs