Australian Science Prizes Calendar
Scroll down to see what prizes and events are coming up.
- This event has passed.
Applications Close: Engaging Science Grants (QLD)
November 4, 2019 @ 1:00 pm
The Engaging Science Grants are part of the Engaging Queenslanders in Science strategy—a strategy with a vision to create a Queensland population that engages in and recognises, supports and advocates for science.
The grants are designed to support scientists, researchers, science communicators, journalists, teachers, organisations and community groups to deliver science engagement and communication projects, events and activities that align with this vision.
Grants of up to $10,000 are available to eligible Queensland-based applicants and need to be spent within a 12-month period.
- be Queensland-based with an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- address at least one of the Engaging Queenslanders in Science strategy’s four goals:
- STEM participation—to increase the number of students participating in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) subjects.
- Public engagement—to increase engagement and participation of the Queensland community in science-based activities.
- Scientist engagement—to increase the number of scientists directly engaging with the Queensland community.
- Public awareness—to increase awareness and understanding of the great science taking place in Queensland.
Guidelines and conditions:
For more information on the Engaging Science Grants, refer to the:
Assessment criteria (AC):
AC1—Well planned project with appropriate levels of engagement, collaboration and target audience reach (weight: 50%).
AC2—Clear outcomes and alignment with the Engaging Queenslanders in Science strategy (weight: 30%).
AC3—Effective promotion of the proposed project and evaluation of its success (weight: 20%).
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://advance.qld.gov.au/entrepreneurs-and-startups-industry-small-business-universities-and-researchers/engaging-science-grants
Applications close 1pm (AEST) Monday 4 November 2019