Australian Science Prizes Calendar
Scroll down to see what prizes and events are coming up.
Award Ceremony: 2019 Premier’s Science Awards (WA)
11 August, 2020
(Dates are indicative based on previous years. Check website closer to date for further details)
The Premier’s Science Awards recognise and celebrate the achievements of the Western Australian science community. Award recipients exemplify the outstanding scientific research and engagement taking place in the State.
The Awards cover all fields of science, including natural, medical, applied and technological science, engineering and mathematics.
In 2019, five categories are open for nomination:
- Scientist of the Year ($50,000 prize)
- Woodside Early Career Scientist of the Year ($10,000 prize)
- ExxonMobil Student Scientist of the Year ($10,000 prize)
- Shell Aboriginal STEM Student of the Year ($10,000 prize)
- Chevron Science Engagement Initiative of the Year ($10,000 prize)
Nominations open 5 March 2019 and close 10am (AWST) 23 April 2019
Finalists will be announced in June with an award ceremony to be held on 13 August 2019
For more information, visit https://www.jtsi.wa.gov.au/what-we-do/science-and-innovation/science-award-programs/premier’s-science-awards