Australian Science Prizes Calendar
Scroll down to see what prizes and events are coming up.
- This event has passed.
Nominations Close: David Syme Research Prize
29 April, 2019
Nominations are invited for the 2018 David Syme Research Prize. The Australia-wide prize recognises the best original research in Biology, Physics, Chemistry or Geology produced in Australia during the past two years (1 January 2017 – 31 December 2018). Preference will be given to original research of value in the industrial and commercial interests of Australia (ie. impact of the research on the discipline and more broadly).
Value: approx. $8,500
- The prize is made by nomination only. Senior members of the academic or research community such as co-authors or co-researchers, heads of department or deputy vice-chancellors (research) are invited to nominate eligible colleagues.
- Researchers associated with any Australian university and researchers without university connections are eligible for nomination. The following are not eligible:
- Professors or researchers who will have attained the position of professor at the time the award is made;
- Researchers outside universities who will have attained a level of seniority comparable to a university professor at the time the award is made (LEVEL E);
- Researchers who have not spent the equivalent of at least 5 full years of the last 7 in Australia.
- The award is made on the basis of the research quality within the discipline and its likely impact and value in the industrial and commercial interests of Australia.
Nominations close 29 April 2019
Nominations and enquiries should be directed to: Linda Richardson; T: 8344 5949; E: firstname.lastname@example.org