Australian Science Prizes Calendar
Award Ceremony: Peter Doherty Awards for Excellence in Science and Science Education
August 9, 2019
The Peter Doherty Awards for Excellence in STEM Education recognise students, teachers, support officers, schools and education partners (volunteers, mentors and organisations) who demonstrate an outstanding and innovative contribution to STEM education in Queensland.
2019 marks the 16th year of the awards named after Professor Peter Doherty, a Brisbane-born Nobel Prize-winning scientist who was educated at Indooroopilly State High School and the University of Queensland.
The awards categories are:
- Outstanding Senior STEM Student – $5,000 each
- Outstanding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Senior STEM Student – $5,000 each
- Outstanding Teacher of STEM – $5,000 each
- Outstanding STEM Support Officer – $5,000 each
- STEM Education Partnership – $5,000 each
- Outstanding School STEM – $5,000 each.
Eligibility criteria: Teachers and students; must be teaching or studying in a Queensland school; self nomination allowed; Queensland only