There’s a host of opportunities to recognise and support your researchers this month, including:
- twenty-eight Academy awards from the Australian Academy of Science
- up to four CRC awards for Excellence in Innovation
- New York Stem Cell Investigator Awards—worth USD $1.5 million over five years
- NHMRC Science to Art Award
- Co-operative Research Centre Grants
- fourteen Eureka Prizes—worth $10,000 each, plus two prizes for schools
- Science Meets Parliament (and they’re particularly looking for scientists with strong industry connections).
World public health and Ecocity meetings coming up in April and July
Australians have gained 25 years, and China’s life expectancy has doubled. Public health has transformed millions of lives. But Australia is a hotspot for lifestyle-influenced diseases such as diabetes, alcohol-related liver damage, obesity, stress, and mental health challenges. We’re also facing an ageing population and a changing climate.
The World Congress on Public Health will be held in Melbourne from 3 to 7 April, bringing together academics and policy makers from universities and institutions around the world, including the World Health Organisation. Read on for details.
And from 12 to 14 July, Melbourne will host the Ecocity World Summit, focusing on sharing the best knowledge, research and practical solutions to ensure urbanisation meets the needs of current and future generations. Topics include climate change adaptation, smart cities, food and water security, energy, infrastructure and urban health. Read on for more information.
And there are opportunities to help share your science… [click to continue…]