Fresh Science turns 20 this year.
We’re giving 50 up-and-coming researchers from 25 organisations the chance to hone their communication skills, and practise presenting their science to journalists, schoolkids, science leaders, and down at their local pub.
We received close to 150 nominations for Fresh Science this year. It was tough to judge!
Hear the latest science and meet this year’s Fresh Scientists at pub events in Brisbane, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth – details below.
Thank you to the 17 universities, three museums, and other groups that have partnered with us to deliver Fresh Science this year.
Also this month:
- $500,000 in grants for National Science Week 2018 events–applications for grants between $2,000 and $20,000 are open until 12 October.
- The winners of the Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science will be announced on Wednesday 18 October, at Parliament House in Canberra. Follow @inspiringaus and #PMPrize to be the first to hear who has won.
- Nominations for the 2018 Clunies Ross Awards, closing 27 October.
- $22,000 grants for big ideas in agriculture, fisheries and forestry from young rural innovators are open until 13 October.
- EMCRs have until 2 October to apply for a grant from the Academy of Science to meet their Nobel heroes in Germany.
- Or apply for a Fellowship to study in Japan by 30 October.
And finally, media & communication training for scientists:
If you or any of your staff need help shaping your science into a story for stakeholders, the public, industry, or the media, join us for one of our training courses. Or talk to us about a customised course.
We’ve got courses coming up in:
- Sydney – 11 October
- Melbourne – early December (TBC)
- Perth – 7 December