We are passionate about helping scientists get their research into the public space so that it has impact. Whether that is with the community, government, industry, farmers or patients, we help them find their story and communicate effectively and accurately.
We are a science communication and public relations business based in Melbourne. We have a core team of seven staff and associates around Australia. That makes us Australia’s largest non-government science communication business.
Our team has a passion for science. We encourage and challenge scientists to reach the public, politicians and the media, while staying true to the science.
We’ve handled big stories including:
- announcing the world’s first printed jet engine – made in Melbourne – media coverage was everywhere from Australia’s ABC to the Daily Mail, The Economist, NHK and Xinhua. The coverage helped fast-track commercialisation of the technology with Airbus, Safran, Raytheon and others.
- assisting CERN to announce the discovery of the Higgs boson
- revealing to the world that every time you use Wi-Fi you use patented algorithms developed by Australian astronomers looking for exploding black holes
- helping Australian researchers announce that half the coral cover on the Great Barrier Reef has been lost in just 27 years, leading to a policy framework that will give the Reef the best chance to recover and adapt to a changing climate.
We’ve been in business for more than a decade. We did the writing and publicity for the Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science from 2004 to 2018. We helped L’Oréal Australia create and manage their For Women in Science Fellowships from 2007 to 2015. And we promoted the Eureka Prizes from from 2005 to 2015.
We’re the national publicists for National Science Week until 2025.
How we can support your science communication
- training and mentoring: forums and workshops with journalists and stakeholders
- communication reviews and audits: helping your team sharpen their processes
- communication planning: creating plans for projects, programs and institutes
- communication implementation: media, events, prize nominations, etc.
- social media strategies and implementation
- case studies, reports, videos, infographics and all publications, from concept to the final product
- all the usual public relations services.