News bulletin for the science sector
- Fresh Science, Science Week, media training, prizes, grants & fellowships – Nominations open for Fresh Science and a number of science prizes and awards. Register now for National Science Week.
- Struggling with the first 100 words? – Nominations for a number of science prizes, awards and grants close in the coming weeks.
- Adelaide training, then PTH, SYD MLB and online; Fresh Science; and scientists honoured – We’re back on the road with our media and communication training for researchers. Join us in Adelaide on Tuesday 9 February then Melbourne, Perth, Sydney and online.
For scientists, research organisations and science leaders, this bulletin will tell you when various science prizes and awards are opening and closing, it’ll flag other science news, events, opportunities and training.
Science stories for journalists
Get a heads up on big science stories and interesting speakers. For example, we promoted the discovery of the Higgs boson, the world’s first 3D printed jet engine and the winners of the Prime Minister’s Prize for Science.
- The Milky Way isn’t special, National Science Week approaches and an award for a mini X-ray machine
- Vaccine comments from the Australian Academy of Health and Medical Sciences
- Big puffy galaxies make more stars; cancer growth and leukaemia survival
Overseas? We send stories of Australian science and activities suited for an international audience.
Would you like a news bulletin for your organisation?
Regular communication with your team builds a sense of belonging and scientists and science leaders can hear about major events, networking and training opportunities, as well as chances to promote their work and to nominate for a number of prestigious science prizes.
We can create, write and distribute a newsletter for you. Currently we do this for:
- Physics in Australia: a monthly bulletin on physics events, issues and activities from the president of the Australian Institute of Physics.
- National Stem Cell Foundation of Australia: a bi-monthly newsletter for stem cell researchers, patients and educators.
We’ve done similar newsletters for universities to share research achievements across the faculty.
Contact me to talk through email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us which you’d like to receive.