- Do you need a science writer or editor?
- Do you want to increase your public profile and engagement in science?
- Do you want to see your science in the media?
- Do you want your research to have impact with the public, government and industry?
Call us: Niall on +61417131977, or the team on +61-3-9398-1416.
Science in Public is Australia’s largest national science communication and public relations consultancy. We are trusted advisors to Australia’s leading science organisations.
- We understand science and its interface with government, stakeholders, and society.
- We create communication and media campaigns that have impact for our clients.
- We ensure our work for you remains true to the science.
Our team of staff and associates have over 150 years of accumulated experience in science communication and media.
We don’t just get one big story for our clients. We create stories that generate hundreds of interactions with stakeholders, the media, and the public, and that stay true to the science.
We are deeply collaborative in our work – ensuring that our clients retain public and private ownership of their achievements.
We work and collaborate with the #IdeasBoom/Department of Industry, Questacon, Nature, JST and RIKEN, AIMS, CSL, all of the Group of Eight universities and other leading science organisations.
We’ve mentored and supported dozens of Australian researchers in developing their own public profiles, including Ingrid Scheffer, Amanda Bauer, Lisa Harvey-Smith, Lee Hickey, John O’Sullivan, Terry Speed and Angela Moles.
We are part of the science communication community. Our team has served in leadership positions on state and national committees of the Australian Science Communicators, and on the boards of Research Australia and the BioMelbourne Network. We have introduced dozens of interns to the world of practical, hands-on science communication.
We can help you:
- mentor and promote your best researchers (or yourself) through Fresh Science, the Eurekas, the Prime Minister’s Prizes, and our direct mentoring and training services
- reach national and global media with your big announcements, including major papers, launches, and conferences
- make winning proposals and presentations to the ARC and other funding agencies
- identify promotional opportunities in prizes, ‘Years’, festivals and other events via our bulletins
- find new audiences through our national and international promotions of science at AAAS, the World Conference of Science Journalists, and similar networks of international journalists
- get the best out of your communication activities though planning, mentoring, and training
- with any PR activity needing a science focus.
In essence, we provide all the services of a PR agency – communication and social media strategies, websites, case studies and other publications, videos, issues management, training, etc.
We do all of the above in partnership with your communication and marketing teams. Science in Public is not a public brand. We want you to know who we are. We want your public to know who you are.
Our key competitive advantages are:
- We know the science world – we regularly communicate with almost every science leader in Australia.
- We know how to turn a complex story into a headline and first paragraph that works for the scientists and for the media.
- We know the Australian journalists with an interest in science.
- We know the international science journalism scene.
- We have a proven passion for Australian science and its capacity to transform Australia’s future.
Read more about our:
- mentoring and personal profiles for leading scientists
- media and communication training for scientists
- media support for conferences
- email bulletins with information about prizes, science events and other opportunities
- Stories of Australian Science collection of the year’s best Australian science
- Fresh Science competition for early-career researchers