Could your research stories engage billions of viewers through science and factual TV?
The people who create, fund and broadcast science TV will be meeting in Brisbane in November at the World Congress of Science and Factual Producers.
They deliver big audiences. Discovery Channel alone has over 440 million viewers. Animal Planet has over 350 million. China Central Television has 50 channels and a billion viewers.
We helped bring Congress to Melbourne in 2009. After nearly 10 years it’s back, this time in Brisbane thanks to the support of the Queensland Government, the ABC and SBS.
Last year’s Congress included commissioners and producers from the BBC, Netflix, NHK, PBS, Discovery, Canada’s CBC and dozens of other networks from national broadcasters to cult YouTube channels.
How can you reach this community? The options include:
- presenting your researchers via exhibition booths
- holding your own presentations or group meetings at breakfast and lunch events
- hosting post-Congress tours
- supporting Australian researchers who are potential TV stars of the future
supporting producers from emerging countries
- and the usual range of sponsorships.
Read more about the Congress at: https://www.wcsfp.com/