L’Oréal Australia and New Zealand For Women in Science Fellowships
With the support of the Australian National Commission for UNESCO
endorsed by the Australian Academy of Science
The world needs science… science needs women
The three $25,000 L’Oréal Australia and New Zealand For Women in Science Fellowships are intended to help early career women scientists to consolidate their careers and rise to leadership positions in science. The Fellowships are awarded to women who have shown scientific excellence in their career to date and who have an appropriate research plan that will be assisted by the one-year Fellowship.
Applications for 2013 Fellowships are now closed. See other key dates
How to apply
- Read our selection criteria and award conditions.
- Read about the recipients for 2012 and previous years.
- Draft your application offline using either the Rich Text [5.3 MB] or MS Word [363 KB] version of the form (the rich text version may work better on Macs).
- Read our FAQ page if you have questions.
- Complete the online application form. We will only receive applications via the website. The form will only support basic formatting, e.g. bold, italics. In the form you will be asked to identify a mentor and up to two additional referees. Please do not send references or any additional information to us by email. It will not be used in the first round of judging.
- You can leave and re-enter the online form – but once you sign off and hit submit, that’s it.
- Sit back and wait while applications are sent to the jury panel for review and shortlisting. Both the shortlisted candidates and unsuccessful applicants will be notified of their status during the week starting 20 May 2013.
Please contact AJ on email@example.com if you have any problems accessing or using the online form.
- If you are shortlisted you will be asked to send a CV of three to five pages.
- We will write to your mentor and referees and ask them to provide closed letters of reference.
- The CV and letters of reference should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to: L’Oréal For Women in Science Fellowships, c/o Science in Public, PO Box 2076 Spotswood VIC 3015.
- Your CV and letters of reference must be sent by email by midnight on 1 June or, if posted, postmarked 1 June 2013. Late references may be accepted for consideration at the discretion of the jury panel.
- When naming your file, please use the following naming convention: “lastname_firstname_CV.file extension” for example Smith_Jane_CV.doc or Smith_Jane_CV.pdf for CVs; and Applicant Lastname_Firstname_Refereelastname.file extension type (e.g. Smith_Jane_Peters.pdf) for references.