2014 L’Oréal Australia & New Zealand For Women in Science Fellowships
The world needs science… science needs women
The three AU$25,000 L’Oréal Australia & New Zealand For Women in Science Fellowships are intended to help early career women scientists to consolidate their careers and rise to leadership positions in science. The Fellowships are awarded to women who have shown scientific excellence in their career to date and who have an appropriate research plan that will be assisted by the one-year Fellowship.
Apply now using the online form, or read more below.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday 16th April.
Read more about:
- Read the selection criteria and Fellowship conditions.
- Read about the 2013 Fellows and recipients from previous years.
- Draft your application offline using either the Rich Text [5.3 MB] or MS Word [363 KB] version of the form (the rich text version may work better on Macs). Note that you cannot upload the word document to apply, so leave enough time to copy and paste your answers in the online form.
- Read our FAQ page if you have questions.
- Complete the online application form. We will only receive applications via the website. The form will only support basic formatting, e.g. bold, italics. In the form you will be asked to identify a mentor and up to two additional referees. Please do not send references or any additional information to us by email. It will not be used in the first round of judging.
- You can leave and re-enter the online form – but once you sign off and hit submit, that’s it.
- Submit your application before midnight on Wednesday 16 April.
- Sit back and wait while applications are sent to the jury panel for review and shortlisting.
- Shortlisted applicants and unsuccessful applicants will be notified during the week beginning Monday 5 May.
- Shortlisted applicants will be asked to submit their references and CV (see below).
- The successful Fellows, and unsuccessful shortlisted applicants will be notified by 2 June 2014.
Please contact us if you need assistance with the online form.
- If you are shortlisted you will be asked to send a CV of three to five pages.
- We will write to your mentor and referees and ask them to provide closed letters of reference.
- The CV and letters of reference should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to: L’Oréal For Women in Science Fellowships, c/o Science in Public, PO Box 2076 Spotswood VIC 3015.
- Your CV and letters of reference must be sent by email by midnight on Thursday 15 May or, if posted, postmarked Wednesday 14 May. Late references may be accepted for consideration at the discretion of the jury panel.
- When naming your file, please use the following naming convention: “lastname firstname CV.file extension” for example Smith Jane CV.doc or Smith Jane CV.pdf for CVs. We will ask your referees use applicantlastname applicantfirstname refereelastname.file extension type (e.g. Smith Jane Peters.pdf) for references.