The search for Australia’s next top junior weather presenter
The Great Barrier Reef is huge! How citizen scientists across Australia can help monitor its 350,000 square kilometres
Can science + business help us fight the war on waste? Melbourne
Face-to-face with Frill Collins the frill neck lizard and Frida the tawny frogmouth, Darwin
Bob Brown’s battle for the planet, from the Franklin River to Federal Parliament, Sydney
Dozens of interesting environment stories, people and events around Australia for National Science Week this August, including:
- Bringing Queensland’s coast inland with virtual reality, Mt Isa and Longreach
- How Indigenous knowledge can help with urban planning, saving species and fighting climate change, Canberra
- Saving the Great Barrier Reef with super corals and mangroves, Sydney
- Scitech, solar science and sustainable homes, Perth
- Solar-charged kids and race cars, Hunter Valley
- Moving climates: theatre, dance and digital art that deals with the data of disaster, Canberra.
More on these highlights below, and others at www.scienceinpublic.com.au/science-week, and on Twitter at @SciWKMedia.
Scientists and event organisers are available for interview throughout Science Week. Read on for contact details for each event, or call: