The 60 state finalists have been chosen competitively for their discovery and for the quality of their research.
Today, they will be trained in how to talk science to journalists, business and the public at a one day media and communication workshop.
And tonight, they’ll join guests for a networking reception, and meet one final challenge – can they excite and inspire over a glass of wine?
The 11 South Australian state finalists participants are:
- Dragana Calic, Defence Science and Technology Organisation
- Kylie Ellis, University of Adelaide
- Jonathan Hall, The University of Adelaide
- Elizabeth Harford-Wright, Adelaide Centre for Neuroscience Research
- Wai Khay Leong, The University of Adelaide
- Monalisa Padhee, University of South Australia
- Christian Reynolds, University of South Australia
- Krishna Venkidusamy, Cooperative Research Centre for Contamination Assessment and Remediation of the Environment (CRC CARE)
- Sasha Wilson, Monash University
- Pat Mitchell, CSIRO
- Aliaa Shallan, University of Tasmania
The South Australian final is supported by the Inspiring Australia intiative.