The idea that Australian can lead in research, but can’t capture the benefits will be challenged in Adelaide this week.
Cooperative Research Australia’s 2023 conference at the Adelaide Convention Centre will reveal how Australian researchers are successfully turning research into innovations that are transforming society and creating jobs and wealth.
Speakers include State and Federal science ministers and chief scientists.
Media welcome, contact Niall Byrne, firstname.lastname@example.org for accreditation.
Tuesday morning from 9 am: Ed Husic, Laura Parry, Jane O’Dwyer
And case studies in
- Transport – smarter ways for moving people and goods from A to B
- Manufacturing, strengthening the competitiveness, productivity and resilience of industry
- Health – defeating cancer, and finding disease with machine learning
- The business of collaborative research – pathways to commercialisation and scale-up
- Industry-research partnership – with UK and UK government speakers
- Australia’s critical workforce
- Inside the $3.4 billion investment to transform Defence innovation.
Tuesday evening: the 2023 Awards for Excellence in Innovation, with winners across Australia.
Wednesday speakers include Paul Fletcher, Susan Close, David Thodey, Cathy Foley, Tanya Monro.
- Plus case studies: Defendtex, Digital Health CRC, iLaunch Trailblazer
- And forums on research translation to scale-up, and aligning national priorities and capability
“We know we have excellent science and research in this country, with measures indicating we produce four per cent of the world’s research with only 0.3 per cent of the population,” says Jane O’Dwyer, CEO of Cooperative Research Australia.
“We have heard time and again about the low complexity of our economy, and how we need to make more here; to add value and translate more research outcomes to new products, processes and systems. The conference will reveal how companies are already doing that and what we can learn from them.”
Conference website: https://conlog.eventsair.com/collaborate-innovate-2023/