Highlights from day four of National Science Week
348 events and exhibitions, 15 online activities, and dozens of great stories and talent.
National and international talent, researchers, experts, and other interesting people available for interview around the country. Plenty of photo opportunities.
▪ Meet the medical inventor behind the cochlear ear and a nutrition scientist using one.
▪ Sense and sensibility: how pseudoscience helps market wellness woo to women.
▪ What is life? Ask theoretical physicist and best-selling author Paul Davies.
▪ The state of the oceans.
▪ Our warped Milky Way, better meds for brains, and trees cooling cities.
▪ Beer goggles and fitness tests with a health clinic on wheels.
▪ Are Pokémon biologically possible? Events in Bundaberg and Rockhampton.
▪ In Brisbane, ask a microbiologist.
▪ Tigers, house cats and zoos.
▪ Staying healthy while working shifts.
▪ Chemistry in dance: three elements, three choreographers, three composers and 18 performers.
▪ What is the future of plastic?
▪ Perth: Who will win the Premier’s science awards?
▪ Pinjarra: How to survive the end of the Universe – and the next 50 years.
Read on for more on these, including event contact details.
National Science Week 2019 will run from 10 to 18 August. Media kit at www.scienceinpublic.com.au. Or visit the National Science Week website for the details of events in your area: www.scienceweek.net.au.[continue reading…]