Sunday 11 August 2019
Highlights from day two of National Science Week
106 events and exhibitions, 10 online activities, and dozens of great stories and talent.
National and international talent, researchers, experts, and other interesting people available for interview around the country. Plenty of photo opportunities.
▪ Ground Control to Major Tom: what does it take to turn an astronaut into a barista?
▪ Frogs, water bugs, birds, koalas… and a NASA exobiologist: science in the part at Coolart Wetlands.
▪ What does environmental change mean for landscape painting? Hear from scientists, artists and curators.
Mt Annan (near Sydney)
▪ Super sight, super hearing, super strength and camouflage: hear about nature’s superpowers.
▪ RoboRoos student teams battle it out in a robot scrimmage.
▪ Why does food taste different when you have a cold? Meet your brain and find out.
▪ Girls network with women in science mentors at an Innovators’ Tea Party.
Read on for more on these, including event contact details.
National Science Week 2019 will run from 10 to 18 August.
For general Science Week media enquiries:[continue reading…]