Launch Friday at the Science Excellence Awards with Minister. Plus 230 Science Week events around SA:
▪ Who will win this year’s South Australia’s Science Excellence Awards?
▪ The science of wine, the language of plants, and the neuroscience of sex, drugs and salsa dancing at Big Science Adelaide.
▪ Gravitational waves explained by scientists, sounds, video art and poetry.
▪ Why does food taste different when you have a cold? And how do your neurons communicate? Meet your brain and find out.
▪ Food and wine in a changing climate: can we save Maggie Beer ice cream and Barossa shiraz?
▪ Shift worker? Hear from experts about how it affects your health and what you can do about it.
▪ Meet Adelaide’s Dr Dolphin and his bottlenose friends.
▪ Zoos as research institutes, studying rhinos, African wild dogs, palm cockatoos, reptiles and more.
▪ Science Alive! comes to the Clare Valley Science Spectacular.
▪ A mobile observatory tours regional SA.
▪ Take the Aha! Challenge and test your brain’s creative insight.
More on these highlights below, and others at www.scienceinpublic.com.au/science-week, and on Twitter at @SciWKMedia.[continue reading…]