Could your hair colour determine your child’s sex?
In Gouldian finches the answer is yes-according to an Australian paper published in the journal Science today. The paper challenges our view of sex determination in animals.
The full media release is below. The lead author Sarah Pryke, is a L’Oréal Australia For Women in Science Fellow and ARC Fellow at Macquarie University. She’s good talent.
- BioMelbourne Network says Kim Carr’s new fund will not deliver the necessary funds that the biotech sector desperately needs.
- In the wake of the Beagle – Science in the southern oceans from the age of Darwin opens in Sydney
- Symposium explores the roles of Darwin’s contemporaries Hooker and Huxley
- 100 Hours of Astronomy – millions of people to participate in star parties
- Man’s first steps on the moon: Plan for moon madness in July to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Neil Armstrong’s first steps on the moon. There will be a host of international speakers in Australia. [continue reading…]